Test cases, also known as solved example problems (or a tutorial) are required
for all software.
Test cases need to cover the core functions of the software and describe:
- Required user inputs (e.g., step-by-step instructions with screenshots)
- Expected software outputs (e.g., screenshots, graphs, tables, etc.)
Three (or more) test cases are required.
Test Case Example
Test Case 1: To calculate the results using the "XYZ" algorithm of module "ABC",
complete the following steps:
- Select "Completion" from the menu bar (top left corner of the screen)
taking you to the Completion screen.
- Double click on "Report" (third option in the Completion screen).
- To access the "XYZ" algorithm calculation, click "Next", taking you
to the "Documentation" screen.
- Click on the "Calculations" drop-down menu and select ""XYZ"
- Click on the "OK" button to execute the calculation.
- Compare the calculated results to the expected results shown in Figure 1 on