Microsoft Excel Application Requirements
Microsoft Excel applications must be compatible with:
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Microsoft Excel 2013 and 2016
Spreadsheet applications must meet applicable EPRI product requirements (e.g.,
EPRI corporate, software documentation, test cases, etc.).
- The "About" worksheet of the spreadsheet needs to include:
- If a preproduction spreadsheet application, the Preproduction Software
Acceptance Splash Screen worksheet must be the first worksheet opened.
- A separate worksheet(s) provides test cases (or tutorial) covering the main
functions of the spreadsheet. This worksheet is not required if this information
is provided in a software manual.
- Lock cells containing formulas or instructions to prevent accidental changes
to the intended calculation.
- Range checking must be implemented on all input fields to verify that user
input meets the expected input criteria. Error messages for rejected input
must assist the user in making an appropriate entry.