to the news page of the EPRI Software Development website! Read below for what
is new this year and for any changes from the past few years. Questions or
comments? Contact the SQA team.
What is new for 2018?
2018 SEN Software Development Training Recording
New Process: Computer-Based Training (CBT) Learning Management System (LMS)
EPRI's Training Department is releasing a new Computer-Based Training (CBT)
Learning Management System (LMS). CBTs shall be produced in a manner that
is compatible with the EPRI LMS. Go here to review the process;
EPRI's Training Department is available
for consultation for all aspects around developing CBTs.
Software Submittal Dates:
Software needs to be submitted for testing as follows:
- Preproduction submittal (e.g., Beta) – Due 14 weeks prior to the Planned
Completion Date (PCD)
- Final Acceptance submittal – Due 8 weeks prior to the Planned Completion
Submittal dates for software with an end of year 12/31/2018 PCD:
- Preproduction submittal: 09/14/2018
- Final Acceptance submittal: 11/02/2018
What changed in 2017?
2017 EPRI GitLab Software Development Seminar on 09/07/17
EPRI Corporate GitLab Code Repository
EPRI's Corporate GitLab code repository has been integrated with EPRI's Software
Development Process and is now available to all software development teams.
GitLab will serve as the code repository for all EPRI software development
and replace Perforce's role in deploying subscriber websites. The repository
resides on EPRI's corporate infrastructure, follows all the security guidelines,
and is backed up daily. GitLab offers a number of benefits including:
- Git repositories
- Automated deployments for subscriber websites currently supported by SQA
- Issue tracking
SQA is currently in the process of migrating sites from Perforce to GitLab.
For the remainder of 2017, we strongly encourage that developers migrate their
sites prior to making new changes. In 2018, Perforce will no longer be supported
by SQA and GitLab will be required. Contact the SQA team with any questions, to request access, or to have your site migrated.
Documentation on GitLab can be found here:
2017 EPRI R&D Software Development Training
The 2017 EPRI R&D Software Development Training covered the following topics:
- Review of the Software Requirements Development website (e.g., updated, SWS
process, new Mobile App process)
- Software Types, Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) Definitions
- Process for Customer-Focused Software Development
- Upcoming Changes to Processes for the Use of 3rd Party Software
SWS Process Update - SWS Promotion Checklist
To asssist SQA with the promotion of your Pre-Production or Production
SWS application, please complete and submit
the SWS Promotion Checklist (80 KB) with the testing submittal package.
What changed in 2016?
2016 EPRI R&D Software Development Training
EPRI Supported Operating Systems:
Effective January 1, 2016, the Microsoft operating systems supported by EPRI-developed
- Windows Vista (optional)
- Windows 7 64-Bit (32-Bit version is optional)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
What changed in 2015?
Software Excellence Network (see primary contacts)
Software Type changes:
- Proof of concept software – NEW category
- Does not have to become production
- "Simple" spreadsheets defined for eMedia
- Computer Based Training (CBT) – NEW category
- No pre-production required
- Clarity on software types and requirements by type
- Clarity on what forms are required at eash process phase
- No deliverable material ID required prior to issuing R&D contracts (but
may be required for other business functions)
- No detailed software documents (Quality Assurance Plan, etc.) required prior
to issuing contracts
- Encourage consultation of internal developers by Software Excellence Network
Software Excellence Network (see primary
2015 EPRI R&D Software Development Training