A (Approved for Distribution)
||No major problems identified (see below for examples of major problems). Minor
problem examples: mislabeled toolbar button or plot axis; inconsistent screen
capture in manual; or cannot print from toolbar but can using menu.
||Fix (or prepare a plan to fix) minor problems, review with EPRI Software Quality
Management, then distribute.
||Any of the following:
- Virus detected on the distributed disks
- Installation problems (some typical examples):
- Insufficient or incorrect installation procedure
- Application files placed into wrong directories
- Software modifies the configuration or system files without warning or
backing up originals
- No Start menu or desktop icons created
- Cannot install on a non-C: drive (e.g., D:)
- Frequent abnormal program exits through multiple event sequences (e.g.,
memory limits, bad input)
- General Protection Faults (GPFs) or "infinite loops"
- Non-standard, illogical Windows GUIs
- Non-functioning icons or menu items (e.g., PRINT doesn't work; inactive
options aren't ghosted)
- Insufficient/inaccurate printed documentation (e.g., no input/output views
or descriptions of menu options)
- Insufficient/non-functioning on-line help, without backup printed documentation
- Test Case (or Tutorial):
- Lack of test cases (or tutorial)
- Test case aborts and cannot be completed
- Test case results do not match expected results
- Combination of several problems with user interface, documentation, or on-line
|Fix problems, then resubmit software for acceptance testing.