What is new for 2017?
2017 EPRI GitLab Software Development Seminar on 09/07/17
EPRI Corporate GitLab Code Repository
EPRIís Corporate GitLab code repository has been integrated with EPRIís Software Development Process and
is now available to all software development teams. GitLab will serve as the code repository for all EPRI
software development and replace Perforceís role in deploying subscriber websites.
The repository resides on EPRIís corporate infrastructure, follows all the security guidelines,
and is backed up daily. GitLab offers a number of benefits including:
- Git repositories
- Automated deployments for subscriber websites currently supported by SQA
- Issue tracking
SQA is currently in the process of migrating sites from Perforce to GitLab. For the remainder of 2017, we strongly encourage that developers
migrate their sites prior to making new changes. In 2018, Perforce will no longer be supported by SQA and GitLab will be required.
Contact the SQA team with any questions, to request access, or to have your site migrated.
Documentation on GitLab can be found here:
2017 EPRI R&D Software Development Training
The 2017 EPRI R&D Software Development Training covered the following topics:
- Review of the Software Requirements Development website (e.g., updated, SWS process, new Mobile App process)
- Software Types, Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) Definitions
- Process for Customer-Focused Software Development
- Upcoming Changes to Processes for the Use of 3rd Party Software
SWS Process Update - SWS Promotion Checklist
To asssist SQA with the promotion of your Pre-Production or Production SWS application, please complete and submit the SWS Promotion Checklist (80 KB) with the testing submittal package.
Software Submittal Dates:
Software needs to be submitted for testing as follows:
- Preproduction submittal (e.g., Beta) – Due 14 weeks prior to the Planned
Completion Date (PCD)
- Final Acceptance submittal – Due 8 weeks prior to the Planned Completion Date
Submittal dates for software with an end of year 12/31/2017 PCD:
- Preproduction submittal: 09/15/2017
- Final Acceptance submittal: 11/01/2017
What changed in 2016?
2016 EPRI R&D Software Development Training
EPRI Supported Operating Systems:
Effective January 1, 2016, the Microsoft operating systems supported by EPRI-developed
- Windows Vista (optional)
- Windows 7 64-Bit (32-Bit version is optional)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10